adding content

17 Oct, 2014 04:42 AM

hi katie - i am trying to add a page, just text and was having major issues. i haven't really used it since the upgrade and i finally used some saved content thinking i could change the text from another page (my about the designer page) and then renamed the content hoping it would copy it and not save over it and now it wiped out my about the designer page. this is really confusing. how do i simply add a page and new content. it should not be this difficult to add text - it was much easier before.

thanks, melissa

1. 1 Posted by Katie on 17 Oct, 2014 03:29 PM

Hi Melissa,

I'm happy to help and have provided steps with screenshots below:

Please let me know if this helps and if you have further questions!

Best,
    Katie

2. 2 Posted by 19375 on 17 Oct, 2014 10:57 PM

Thank you Katie – however I just tried this and it added the content to every page – how do I edit just my about the designer page – it doesn’t seem to let me and add the content,

thanks

3. 3 Posted by Katie on 20 Oct, 2014 03:43 PM

Hi Melissa,

It sounds like you may be editing your Main Layout, rather than editing on the individual page level. You can edit the About the Designer page specifically at http://fego-gioielli.goodsie.com/about-the-designer-1.

Thanks,
    Katie

4. 4 Posted by 19375 on 16 Apr, 2016 01:09 PM

Hi Katie – I just realized the mobile site is different and added the pages (like PRESS, LOCATION and About the designer) and they are not showing up. I believe the page URL’s are correct. Can you please take a look and let me know what the problem is

Fegogioielli.com (or fego-gioielli.goodsite.com

Thanks! Melissa

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by lilbigshop on 18 Apr, 2016 03:52 PM

Hi Melissa,

Katie no longer works for Goodsie, but I am more than happy to help you out. I will have my team take a look at your store and get back to you asap.

Tx. David

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jack Zerby on 18 Apr, 2016 07:32 PM

Hi Melissa,

When you create a new page on mobile, you can easily add the content from the desktop site by using Saved Modules.

If you go to your Desktop page "About the designer", just click on the modules you'd like to have access to in mobile and click "Save for later". (http://cl.ly/fj4M)

Then go to the corresponding page on mobile, and you'll see it in this list, that you can then drag onto the screen. http://cl.ly/fjP6 and http://cl.ly/fjMX

Any updates to this module will be updated on both desktop and mobile

7. 7 Posted by 19375 on 11 May, 2016 09:09 PM

Hi - I am still not able to follow these directions. I do not want to add new pages, I want to use the ones that are already on my website. They were created without me doing anything but its pulling from pages I no longer use so I am not sure what the problem is and why they are pulling those un-used pages and not the current ones - ??

Please help as my webpage on and iphone pulls a page listed “2013 lookbook” which is obviously embarrassing to have as a current page.

Thanks so much, melissa

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jack Zerby on 13 May, 2016 07:04 PM

Hi Melissa,

If you tell me exactly what pages you'd like on desktop and what pages you like on mobile, I can add them for you.

Jack

9. 9 Posted by 19375 on 20 May, 2016 10:58 PM

Hi Jack – thank you so much – is there any

way to mirror my webpage?

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by lilbigshop on 24 May, 2016 03:11 PM

Hi Melissa,

Sorry for the delay. I'll have Jack jump back on the thread today.

Thanks, David

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Jack Zerby on 24 May, 2016 03:16 PM

Hi Melissa!

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you'd like to do? Do you mean use a
    custom domain?

Jack

12. 12 Posted by 19375 on 24 May, 2016 03:44 PM

Hi Jack – no basically I want the mobile to have the same “pages” as the website. I’m not sure why it is posting pages on the mobile app that I have hidden on the website. So the list of pages that is currently on my website I would like to show the same on the mobile app.

Thanks so much! Melissa

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Jack Zerby on 25 May, 2016 01:41 AM

Hi Melissa,

In order to be offer customization of the mobile experience separate from
    desktop, they are two distinct sites that need to be updated in both
    desktop and mobile. If you go to Store > Mobile in the top right nav, you
    can see the mobile site and edit it there.

What pages do you need hidden/shown on mobile? I can help.

Jack

14. 14 Posted by 19375 on 26 May, 2016 01:59 PM

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Jack Zerby on 26 May, 2016 08:04 PM

All set! I saved each module from desktop, and put it on your mobile pages.
    Let me know if you need anything else!

16. 16 Posted by 19375 on 31 May, 2016 01:35 AM

Thank you so much!! It looks great. So going forward is there and easy way to copy or add pages to the mobile site when I am adding to desktop?

Sent from my iPhone

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Jack Zerby on 01 Jun, 2016 05:35 PM

Yep, so when you create a new page on Desktop, click on the module or modules you want access to in mobile, save them with a name you can remember. Then go in to the mobile site, create a page with the same name, go to Content > Saved and drag in the modules you saved on desktop.

In a nutshell, you have to create a new page on both desktop/mobile, then drag saved modules into each of those new pages.

18. 18 Posted by 19375 on 16 Aug, 2016 09:06 PM

Hi Jack – hope all is well – is this something you can help me with? hi - I have had the issue of my custom domain not showing up for a few years now. the settings are correct and Go Daddy just told me this is something that needs to be addressed on goodsis end. please let me know how we can change this finally. it should be www.fegogioielli.com

thank you melissa

19. 19 Posted by 99535 on 17 Aug, 2016 07:16 PM

Hello Melissa,

It looks like you don't have a DNS record that points to our production server. Instead that domain is pointing to an IP address that does a simple redirect to the ".goodsie.com" url.

Solution: In GoDaddy, create a DNS "A Record" that points to 174.129.217.20 (which is our production server). Here's some more information from GoDaddy on how to do that: https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-680

You might also have to delete any domain forwards you have setup (can't say for sure but I believe this may be why you are getting the current redirect behavior): https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-a-forwarded-domain-19936

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Best,
    Steve

20. 20 Posted by 19375 on 18 Aug, 2016 04:26 PM

Thank you so much! I was able to update it myself on Go Daddy. I just tried it from my phone and noticed the mobile site points to the goodsie-fego Gioielli in address bar. Is there a way to Map that ?

Thanks again! Melissa

21. 21 Posted by 19375 on 18 Aug, 2016 04:29 PM

Sorry please disregard my last message, it was picking up the old address in search bar but when I type the web address it doesn’t have goodsie.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:25 PM
    To: '99535'
    Subject: RE: adding content [Problems #25125]

Thank you so much! I was able to update it myself on Go Daddy. I just tried it from my phone and noticed the mobile site points to the goodsie-fego Gioielli in address bar. Is there a way to Map that ?

Thanks again! Melissa

22. 22 Posted by 99535 on 18 Aug, 2016 05:18 PM

Hello Melissa,

Excellent, glad to hear it worked! Don't hesitate to let us know about any other issues you encounter.

Best,
    Steve

23. 23 Posted by 19375 on 20 Dec, 2016 01:31 PM

Hi Zack – please help a customer told me they couldn’t order online and I went to try today and last night and items are not adding to my cart. I did not change anything since my last order on the 9th but was curious I haven’t had any orders since I’ve been sending emails and updated my inventory. Please look into ASAP – I have probably missed out on orders for 10 days not knowing there was a problem

Fego Gioielli Web address/account

www.fegogioielli.com

thanks so much - melissa

24. Support Staff 24 Posted by Jack Zerby on 21 Dec, 2016 07:51 PM

Hi Melissa!

I was able to add to cart successfully: https://cl.ly/iXRa

And also on mobile: https://cl.ly/iXFj

Can you try again today to double check?

25. 25 Posted by 19375 on 23 Dec, 2016 04:46 PM

Hi Zack, thank you so much for helping with this. I still wasn't able to on my phone but a friend told me to clear my history and cookies and now it works. Not sure why it wasn't working on my desktop but will try the same. Really odd coincidence they both didn't work for me.
    Happy holidays!!
    Melissa

Sent from my iPhone

26. lilbigshop closed this discussion on 27 Dec, 2016 08:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goodsie please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac