If you do not have a PayPal account already, sign up for an account at PayPal.com.
After saving the email address that is associated with your PayPal account on the Goodsie Settings page under PayPal, log in to your account at PayPal.com and take the following steps. Note, some users may still see the "old" or "classic" version of this page when logging in. If your page does not look like the screenshots below, look for a link that says "Check out the new look of my Profile page":
- Click on the "Profile" link under the "My Account" tab
- Click the "More Options" link in the Profile dropdown
- Click on "My Selling Tools" in the lefthand navigation of the My Profile page
- Click "PayPal button language encoding" at the bottom of the page, under "More selling tools"
- Click the gray "More Options" button below the language dropdown on the Language Encoding page
On the "More Encoding Options" page, select "UTF-8" in the top dropdown menu
Select the "Yes" radio button in response to "Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you (e.g., IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?"
Click the yellow "Save" button after confirming that your settings appear as they do below:
- Back in the "My Selling Tools" area, click "Update" next to the "Instant Payment Notification" item under the "Getting paid and managing my risk" section
Click the yellow "Edit Settings" button on the "Instant Payment Notification (IPN)" page
Enter https://goodsie.com/ipn/paypal/ as the Notification URL on the "Edit Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings" page. We highly recommend that you copy and paste this URL to ensure that it is entered correctly.
- Select the "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)" option under "IPN messages"
- Click the yellow "Save" button after confirming that your settings appear as below:
Then you're all set!
Be sure to follow all steps above to add your PayPal account as a payment method. If your account is not configured correctly, your account may appear to be active and may process payments, but inventory and order history on the Goodsie side will not operate properly.
After setting up your PayPal account fully, keep an eye on your account. When your first order comes in via PayPal, return to Goodsie to see that the order has appeared in Order history as well. If it did not, the setup was not completed correctly. Please go through the instructions above once more to confirm your settings.